Members will not load, unload or operate the pottery kilns.
2. Long hair is to be tied back. Open-toed and open-heeled shoes are not permitted in the studio.
3. Members are responsible for leaving the studio in a clean condition. Clean all tools and return them to their appropriate storage areas. Wipe down all wheels, wedging areas, and equipment you use.
4. Do not touch or move any clay projects that do not belong to you. If you need to move a piece, please ask a staff member.
5. Clay can be purchased from a staff member. Clay from outside sources is NOT permitted in the studio.
6. Members are not permitted to bring their own glazes or underglazes unless they have the express consent of a Daniel Karvasales and Ashley Hinton. Glazes must be store bought; hand mixed glazes are not permitted.
7. Slip casting and plaster making/mixing is not allowed.
8. Smoking is not allowed inside the studio, within 25 feet of the entrance, or on the roof.
9. Members are never permitted on the roof.
10. Fired work must be picked up from Hickory Clay no later than 21 days after glaze firing. Hickory Clay will purge or recycle work after 21 days.
11. Damp room will be purged once per month. All dry pieces will be recycled.
12. Member open studio hours are subject to change.
13. All memberships are on recurring, monthly payments. Written notice to terminate your membership for the upcoming month must be given at least 7 days prior to your renewal. Items left on your shelf after the final day of your membership will be removed by Hickory Clay.
14. Any member choosing to end or pause their membership will be added to the studio’s waitlist if they choose to return.